Anarchic Civilization

It's gaining ground.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

This is interesting. Apparently the Digil and Mirifle clans in the Baidoa area have a group of Islamic courts called the Al-Bayan Islamic Courts that is distinctly different from the UIC. Furthermore, somebody is lying about what group the new Islamic Court in nearby Bur-Hakaba belongs to.

After the rally, I had an exclusive interview with the leader of Bur-Hakaba Islamic Court Sheik Mustafa Sheik Mohamed who narrated me about their determination to defend the land from any occupiers.

He told me that his court is directly under the control of the Union of Islamic Courts, dismissing a recent claim by Al-Bayan Islamic Courts of Digil and Mirifle clans saying that the newly formed Islamic Courts in Bur-Hakaba is branch of Al-Bayan.
Anonymous will note that the phrase "under the control of the UIC" contradicts what I wrote in my recent comment.



3 Comments:

Blogger Flavian said...

I found some interesting stuff at shabelle news. According to Shabelle the UIC is unable to enforce the prohibition against Khad and cigarette smoking. I personally am opposed to the use of drugs, but certainly this is not something the "government" ought to interfere with. Do you read Shabelle regularly?

2:02 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Yes, I do, but I don't see where it says they are unable to enforce the bans on khat and cigarettes.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Flavian said...

I just read at shabelle that the UIC has imposed a strict ban on Khad in Mogadishu.

It is most likely that a black market with enormous profits will occur in response to that.

If what you say is correct, illegal khad dealers will soon be so well-organized, wealthy and well-armed that they will threaten the UIC.

If not I do not see any difference between the UIC and any kind of government. But still I hope you are right.

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web anarchic-civ.blogspot.com